Fire Wise Inverness re-certification
Dear District Community Member,
Inverness Public Utility District is cooperating with Fire Wise Inverness to improve our community’s ability to withstand wildfire. Fire Wise Inverness is a project of the Inverness Foundation, and relies on volunteer efforts to improve fire resilience.
In order for Fire Wise Inverness to be recertified for 2023, they need to demonstrate that individual property owners are doing what they can to reduce fire danger. Fire Wise Inverness must provide information about volunteer hours spent and funds spent to reduce fire danger.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing how many hours and how much money your family spent reducing fire danger on your property. Please reply as soon as possible, since Fire Wise Inverness must submit its recertification application by November 15.
Eligible efforts and expenditures include any of the following
- Replacing vents with more fire proof vents
- Making your roof more fire safe
- Replacing decks with more fireproof material
- Ember cap over chimney
- Cleaning out gutters to prepare for fire season
- Creating a water supply which can be used to fight fires
- Removing vegetation to improve defensible space
- Replacing shingle or other flammable siding with more fire-resistant siding
- Removing dead trees
- Replacing invasive and other flammable plants with more fire-resistant plantings
- Any other activities or expenditures to improve the fire safety of your property
Any information you send will be strictly confidential, and not passed on to anyone. All the information will be compiled into total volunteer hours and total expenditures, and used to recertify Fire Wise Inverness with the National Fire Wise Council.
Again, please reply as soon as possible, since the recertification must be filed in the next week.
Thanks for your help.
Shelley Redding, General Manager